Job DescriptionThe Manufacturing Development Engineer (MDE) is a key member of the Product Development Engineering Team supporting the silicon design and server product development. The engineer will provide vital support to develop the manufacturing solution and drive the implementation and execution during the new product development of server products by direct involvement and through coordination with Intel’s outsource manufacturers, internal , external design teams.
In this position, you will be responsible for the development of server Printed Board Assemblies (PBAs) and/or system level products. You will also be developing and enhancing processes to improve the consistency and accuracy of the manufacturing engineering toolsets used across all PDE team worldwide. Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
– Lead the development of new scalable manufacturing technology and process to support the business scope expansion for DCAI/DPEA/DEO.
– Lead factory capability assessments and proactively engage in the new ODM selection decision process.
– Enable ODM factories to meet Intel inversion requirements and drive ODM accountability to manufacture Intel products in a time manner and with world class quality.
– Document product specific SOW and help make smart RFQ decisions and determine the level of integration appropriate for suppliers, factory, and customers.
– Proactively influence ODM process capability development plans to support Intel DCAI platform/technology roadmap.
– Coordinate the implementation of new component and manufacturing process technologies, tools and fixtures.
– Drive generational mfg learnings into product design and perform development responsibilities to ensure product manufacturability, including but not limited to Process Risk Assessments and FMEA, DFM/A reviews, CAD library symbol reviews, Design/Mfg Spec, TRIAD to enable factory builds.
– Drive to improve the existing operational processes and create new process for the operational excellence.QualificationsQualifications
You must possess a 10-year degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Engineering with more than 5 years of related industry experience. Additional qualifications include:
– Strong technical design review capability
– Working knowledge of Design for Manufacturability, throughput analysis, quality control systems, and cost/benefit analysis
– Prior experience acting as a liaison between manufacturing sites and product development teams
– Ability to work well in a diverse team environment
– Experience at coordinating manufacturing operations with outsourced suppliers would be an added advantage
The candidate should possess a Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree and/or a Master of Science or Engineering degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechatronics, Material or Computer.Inside this Business GroupThe Data Platforms Engineering and Architecture (DPEA) Group invents, designs & builds the world’s most critical computing platforms which fuel Intel’s most important business and solve the world’s most fundamental problems. DPEA enables that data center which is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.