1. Develops embedded software within environments that have constrained timing and memory resources, designs and implements reusable code, performs design and code reviews, as well as tests and validates product implementations.
2. Job may require experience in system architecture and modeling, operating systems, device architecture, system integration, algorithm modeling, digital signal processing, and/or hardware design.
3. Works with a variety of storage interface standards.
4. Performs system level design modeling, and systems integration, additionally performing algorithm modeling, benchmarking implementation, and/or digital signal processing.
You must possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent with 5 + years of industry experience in firmware, software, debug or low-level software engineering. An advanced degree is preferred.
Additional qualifications include:
1. Excellent problem solving skills, comfortable with the use of software tools to diagnose and debug BIOS, firmware and software issues
2. Excellent knowledge of UEFI BIOS operations and interdependencies- Knowledge of C, C++, Python and/or other programming or scripting languages
3. Excellent knowledge of Open Source SW development, Coreboot/Boot loaders/BIOS, FSP/API.
4. Excellent communication (including spoken and written English) and customer support skills
5. Strong interpersonal skills (with proven track record of cross-group collaboration)
6. Solid knowledge of Intel x86 architecture (hardware, software, firmware) and Linux OS- Knowledge of motherboard and/or system manufacturing test process
7. Presentation skills and the ability understand, specify and communicate requirements to marketing and engineering teams
8. Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment and to achieve high quality results
9. Flexibility for international and domestic travel
10. Experience with IT manageability solutions would be an added advantage
The following qualifications would be added advantages:
Inside this Business GroupThe Data Center & Artificial Intelligence Group (DCAI) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.Posting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.