Intel’s Ethernet Product Group (EPG) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Simics simulator team working on virtual platform simulation for Intel’s Ethernet networking products. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team enabling and optimizing simulator code for the latest generation of EPG’s networking products. Intel System Simulation Engineers develop simulation infrastructure, simulators, and models used internally and by external customers for architecture exploration and technical readiness, pre-silicon development, validation, and evaluation.
– Includes development of software tools and collaterals to optimize Intel XPU performance, power, quality, and reliability.
– Develops mathematical and statistical models of Intel XPU’s performance, power, quality, reliability, manufacturing, test, and/or customer usage attributes.
– Develops software algorithms to optimize these XPU attributes and implements these optimization solutions in user friendly and highly efficient software that enables simulations and/or closed form calculations.
– Implements automated analytical methods to turn data from various sources to information required to optimize Intel XPUs.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
– Working hand-in-hand with a group of experienced engineers to extend the simulator capabilities and model correctness.
– Simulator feature design, prototyping, implementation, and support of existing model architectures.
– Carry out competitive performance analysis, root cause analysis and bug resolution including customer bugs. Interactions with customers outside Intel is expected.
– Analyze specifications of upcoming Intel ethernet networking devices. Working with Intel software and hardware design engineers and architects to deliver the next generation of processor and platform designs.
– Interfacing with members of other tools and application teams within Intel as required. #EPGSoftwareQualificationsYou must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience.
4+ yrs. Experience/Bachelors/Masters with SW engineering across the product lifecycles or PhD with 4+ years in Computer Science or equivalent
Expert level software development skills, such as knowledge of programming tools, languages and environments
5+ years of C/C++ programming experience
Demonstrated proficiency with Python
Demonstrated Knowledge of Ethernet protocols and products
Knowledge in computer architecture and microarchitecture: Intel x86/Intel x64 Core and/or Atom etc.
Hands-on experience developing compiler or simulator prototypes.
Virtual platforms development experience.
Working with FPGA models of any IP blocks or larger system simulation.
Experience in one or more core technologies such as tools, IA architecture,
Windows or Linux kernel debug, networking, and virtualization.
Shannon is the primary location for this position, however, we offer flexibility to work from our other Intel site in Leixlip. In addition we are happy to facilitate arrangements which facilitate a Home Office set up, from a work/life balance perspective.
EPG approach Diversity and Inclusion with the same rigor, accountability and visibility as our critical business strategies, embedding diversity and inclusion practices in everything we do. We are responsible for building an environment where all employees feel empowered to achieve their full potential. We are a global workforce that generates diversity of thought and innovation, resulting in better overall business results. EPG values and embraces individual uniqueness and empowers employees to bring their whole selves to deliver their very best. We thoughtfully embed inclusivity and diversity as core strengths in our hiring, career development and training practices. Our success depends on our people and we highly value our amazing employees. Make EPG your workplace of choice today.
Pay and benefits
We offer a collaborative, supportive environment, where your equally brilliant colleagues will push you to be your best. There’s no fear of failure – we know that’s how innovation happens, and you’ll never be bored.
We offer competitive benefits and pay, opportunities for professional development and the flexibility you need to achieve balance. Intel fosters a collaborative environment allowing the brightest minds in the world to come together to achieve exceptional results
Competitive pay and Benefits: Including stock programs, Quarterly Bonuses, Annual Performance Bonus, Employee Pension Plan, Medical plan and life insurance, Peer to peer recognition, Exclusive employee discounts and many more
Opportunities for professional development and growth: You will work in an international environment within a group of the best professionals in the world, working with the newest technologies and advanced development programs, and free access to a wide library of classroom and online courses
Life and Community: We offer opportunities for employees to refresh and recharge- flexible working time, benefits and services that support your wellbeing and multiple health and community programs
We guarantee you will be working in a safe environment. At both our offices and in your home, the security and wellbeing of you and your family is our utmost responsibilityInside this Business GroupThe Network & Edge Group brings together our network connectivity and edge into a business unit chartered to drive technology end to end product leadership. It’s leadership Ethernet, Switch, IPU, Photonics, Network and Edge portfolio is comprised of leadership products critically important to our customers.Other LocationsIE,LeixlipPosting StatementAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.BenefitsWe offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay, stock, bonuses, and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/jobs/benefits.htmlWorking ModelThis role will be eligible for our hybrid work model which allows employees to split their time between working on-site at their assigned Intel site and off-site. In certain circumstances the work model may change to accommodate business needs.