Looking for an opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment? Oracle’s Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) group is a new ground-up effort to build best in class Infrastructure-as-a-Service that operates at a high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment to enable our customers to run their business optimally. These are exciting times in our space – we are growing fast, still at a relatively early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives. Come join us on a brand new team at OCI – Software Assurance Gateways.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will work with a team of software engineers responsible for the software design, development, and operations for our new and existing products. You should be able to architect broad systems interactions, be hands-on, be able to dive deep into any part of the stack, and have a good sense of cloud infrastructure and networking knowledge. You should value simplicity and impact, work comfortably in a collaborative, agile environment, and be excited to learn.
Our senior engineers are also the people who can work independently and provide technical leadership to the organization. You should have experience developing and operating high-scale services, and an understanding of how to make these cloud-scale services resilient. The ideal candidate will be technically strong and productive; someone who knows how to balance speed and quality with iterative and incremental improvements. You understand operational excellence and know-how to infuse a culture of being proactive within your team. You recommend and justify major changes to new and existing products and establish consensus with data-driven approaches.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Range: from $93,100 to $151,200 per annum. May be eligible for bonus and equity.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience and market conditions, as well as reflect Oracle’s differing products, industries and lines of business. Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
1. Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
2. Short term disability and long term disability
3. Life insurance and AD&D
4. Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
5. Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
6. Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
7. 401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
8. Paid time off: Flexible Vacation is provided to all eligible employees assigned to a salaried (non-overtime eligible) position. Accrued Vacation is provided to all other employees eligible for vacation benefits. For employees working at least 35 hours per week, the vacation accrual rate is 13 days annually for the first three years of employment and 18 days annually for subsequent years of employment. Vacation accrual is prorated for employees working between 20 and 34 hours per week. Employees working fewer than 20 hours per week are not eligible for vacation.
9. 11 paid holidays
10. Paid sick leave: 72 hours of paid sick leave upon date of hire. Refreshes each calendar year. Unused balance will carry over each year up to a maximum cap of 112 hours.
11. Paid parental leave
12. Adoption assistance
13. Employee Stock Purchase Plan
14. Financial planning and group legal
15. Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance