The Prototype Engineering and Fabrication team is looking for experienced Automotive Technicians looking to advance their automotive career. Must be highly motivated and flexible to adapt to the fast-paced work environment at Tesla.
· Retrofit/modify prototype vehicles to accept new hardware designs from Engineering.
· Diagnose and repair failures found with prototypes.
· Provide failure analysis and design concerns back to Engineering.
· General fleet maintenance and repair.
· 3+ years’ Automotive Tech repair experience, diagnostic troubleshooting preferred.
· Experience with CAN bus systems and advanced electrical troubleshooting within automotive diagnostics.
· Equipped with own tools, with ability to operate and maintain various hand and power tools.
· Ability to operate and maintain shop tools and equipment.
· Willing to work a flexible schedule.
· Ability to travel and work between locations within the California Bay Area.
· Work independently and/or collaboratively as part of a team.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment and meet tight deadlines.
· Show attention to detail and accuracy.
· Have the ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing priorities/schedules.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English).
· Outlook, Excel and MS Office.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $37.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location