The Tesla Energy Operations Team is a group of highly skilled and talented people passionate about collaborating to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. The primary role and responsibility of the Warehouse Supervisor will be to lead Tesla’s provision of energy products and services at a warehouse via standard operating procedures. The Warehouse Supervisor will oversee staffing, weekly improvements to metrics, implementing and improving standard operating procedures, root cause analysis of any bottlenecks, and any additional support needed for local teams. Warehouse Supervisors oversee between 3 and 5 Tesla Energy Warehouses. The candidate will foster excellence in safety, quality, and productivity across the warehouse, including meeting or exceeding weekly metrics targets and spot checks on standard operating procedures.
· Implement, spot check, and improve standard operating procedures
· Improve performance to metrics on a weekly horizon
· Train warehouse leads and associates as needed
· Escalate issues immediately to avoid delays to teams supported by the warehouse
· Represent Tesla in a professional and responsible manner when communicating with others both inside and outside the company
· Ensure that timecards are accurate. Resolve paid time off request conflicts that would result in a lack of coverage for the region
· Experience managing warehouse teams is preferred, or some experience training and leading warehouse associates
· Experience implementing and improving standard operating procedures preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred, or outstanding equivalent experience
· Construction management experience is preferred
· Familiarity with solar and storage products preferred
· Must be adaptable to change and work well under pressure, manage competing demands, and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through and decision-making skills
· Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, including but not limited to peers and customers.
· Proficient using Microsoft Office, Google Earth, and customer account management software
· Physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
· Ability to travel overnight for more than 60% of the time, depending on region
· Forklift certification
· Ability to perform repetitive duties, including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods of time
· Must be able to handle materials weighing up to 50 lbs
· Proven leadership ability and a track record as a mentor to employees
· Open availability to work all shifts, including mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Candidates must successfully complete and pass MVR background check
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location